Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What A Difference A Day Makes


When my daughter was small, she would always get up in the morning and look out the window to see if the sun was shining.

I called her "my sunshine girl." 

She still is.

She loved the musical, Annie, and its theme song, Tomorrow.

She still does.

When I was sad, she could always lift me up.

She still can.

She would pat me softly on the shoulder and say, "Don't worry, Mommy. It'll be all right. The sun'll come out tomorrow."

It always did. 

May your day be filled with sunshine. And if not today, look outside tomorrow. 

Perhaps, the sun'll come out.

It still does!


Now it's your turn to "get down." What is something you do on a gray day to maintain a cheerful outlook?

Please leave a comment.

Keep your sunny side up!
Starr



4 comments:

  1. No day is a gray day when you wake up in America. Happy Birthday, USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Betty! Simply to wake up anywhere each day is a blessing, right? Especially in the USA! Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  2. I read your blog on a gray day to maintain a cheerful outlook. :) And remember that the best is yet to be!

    Beautiful post, Starr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Looks like you were reading my blog, when I was reading yours. That's what it's all about, isn't it--encouraging one another in the Lord? Thankful for friends who can do that for one another. Happy my entry blessed you. :)

      Delete